Join as speaker
For our recurring TechTalks event, we are looking guest speakers. It doesn't matter if you're an experienced speaker or have never given a talk before.
Ready to be a guest speaker? Leave your info.
Or, scroll down to discover our guidelines for potential guest speakers.
Speaking at our events
Who are we looking for?
We are mostly looking for fellow women who code to speak at our events and welcome both first-time speakers as seasoned ones. Just be comfortable enough to speak English and have the eagerness to step on that stage and share your knowledge or your story!
Our target audience
Adult women who code (who live in Belgium), all with various backgrounds, different specialisations and skill levels.
How long is a short talk? (lightning talk)
A talk can be somewhere between 10 and 15mins.
How long is a normal talk?
This can be between 20 and 30 mins(Q&A not included)
For talks longer than 30 mins, we ask you to include this when leaving your info.
We narrowed down a list of topics to give you an idea of what you could talk about at one of our events. Other topics are welcome to as long as we deem them a good fit for our audience.
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
- Software development
- Game development
- Data science
- Mobile development
- General code-related knowledge, such as best practices...
- Soft skills
- Work/life balance
- Women in tech / diversity in tech (depending on the topic)
Some topic ideas / examples:
You could talk about coding in general or maybe some new or old technology that fascinates you, a (side)-project you're proud of or learned a lot from, tips & tricks, or about a problem related to code, code habits, workflow, tooling, and so on…
- A show and tell of something you’re proud of (Showcasing work/side-projects)
- Your toolbox (handy tools and where/how you use them)
- A concept or piece of code that was difficult to learn/understand + how it helped you
- Learning to code, pitfalls, struggles, victories
- Building a mini game
- Getting started with… (fill in technology or a certain type of project)
- A small presentation of what you would like to achieve & what keeps you from getting there
- History of .. (fill in technology or a certain type of project)
- “How we replaced X by Y”
- Emails received from bad recruiters1
- My path to own startup/freelancer/(or back) + tips
Topics we feel that are not a good fit for our community
- advertising for a company, a product or service you are trying to sell
- Coding for kids (we have an adult audience, only some of them have kids and no not everyone is interested in becoming a coach at a coding for kids program)